Iceberg Ahead! Helmsman Get Us on Track or How to Realise the Added Value of Modernisation.
Modernising a legacy application to. e.g. save costs, minimise risks or replace old platforms or technologies? Yes! But ...
- ... which is the best way?
- ... how can risks be minimised?
- ... how can efforts for modernisation and testing be reduced?
- ... how can the productive implementation of the modernised application be simplified?
In his series "Iceberg ahead", our colleague Hans Nickessen describes his experiences in dealing with legacy applications.
Read in the current episode which possibilities there are to realise the added value of a modernisation.
"Iceberg Ahead!" Here is the 5th part of the series:
Iceberg Ahead: Helmsman get us on Track - Realizing the added value of a Modernization
Download Iceberg Ahead: Helmsman get us on Track - Realizing the added value of a Modernization
Here you will find the first parts of the text series "Iceberg Ahead!":
- "Hard to Port or Risk Minimization - Reducing costs through modernization" - (part 3):
- "Assessment or how to assess and minimize the Risk of a Change" - (part 3):
- "How you can successfully bring your COBOL or PL/I Applications into the Future without hitting an Iceberg" - (part 1) &
"Knowledge Transfer - Securing, Re-understanding, Optimizing and Passing on the Foundation" - (part 2):