Do you have proven applications that you have nurtured for decades and are planning to modernize? With AMELIO you can prepare your modernization project and implement it successfully and automatically.
Learn today how
- AMELIO Logic Discovery helps you to understand your applications again and prepare them for refactoring.
- you can reduce costs and risks of your modernization and migration project with the AMELIO Modernization Platform.
- we used the AMELIO Modernization Platform at Provinzial to successfully migrate the application from IBM IMS/DB to IBM Db2.
In the text series “Iceberg ahead”, our colleague Hans Nickessen describes his experiences in handling legacy applications. Read in the current episode how a tailormade assessement will contribute to the success of your modernisation project.
We hope you enjoy reading,
Your Delta Software Technology Team
IMS Guide - GSE AK IMS System Administration
"Provinzial realizes complete migration from IBM IMS/DB to IBM Db2 with Delta"
Migration from IMS/DB to Db2? Completely? Automated?
Provinzial has mastered this step together with Delta.
How? We presented this in our lecture at the IMS Guide on 20th September, which finally was a live meeting again.
Would you like to know how Provinzial made this step together with Delta, but you couldn't be there? Then get in touch with us. We would be happy to present the proposed approach to you in a personal meeting.
The slides presented and the accompanying SuccessStory can be found here:
AMELIO Logic Discovery - Procedures and Functions in COBOL
COBOL does not have procedures and functions.
Nevertheless, AMELIO Logic Discovery identifies logical procedures and functions in COBOL applications and thus helps to re-understand the application and to prepare a refactoring.
You can find more information here:
AMELIO Modernization Platform slashes Risks and Costs for Modernization and Migration
Changes across all existing applications belong to the permanent tasks of the IT departments in large enterprises. If thousands of modules of the productive application systems have to be changed, the answers to the following questions are essential:
- How can you ensure the consistency and quality of the changes?
- How do you avoid blocking other projects by the changes?
- How do you integrate the changes from other projects into the mass changes?
- How do you guarantee the security and stability of the productive systems?
- How do you get the expenditure under control as well as the costs and the temporal organisation for testing?
For the modernization of your legacy applications you should know the possibilities of AMELIO:
Iceberg Ahead ...
Your COBOL or PL/I applications contain enormous investments, a lot of company-specific know-how and decades of experience. If such an application must be cleaned-up, refactored, modernized or transformed, extensive knowledge of the application is absolutely mandatory. A tailor-made assessment helps you to reliably evaluate the measures, procedures and risks of your modernisation project.
In the text series "Iceberg ahead", our colleague Hans Nickessen describes his experiences in handling legacy applications.
Read in the current episode how a tailor-made assessment contributes to the success of your modernisation project.
Download Language: Englisch - Version: NL21022.04
- IMS Guide - GSE AK IMS System Administration
- AMELIO Logic Discovery - Procedures and Functions in COBOL
- AMELIO Modernization Platform slashes Risks and Costs for Modernization and Migration
- Iceberg Ahead ...