AMELIO Logic Discovery - helps to understand the existing COBOL and PL/I applications and thus reduces the costs for re-implementation of the existing functions and for the modernization of the applications.
Understanding the Analysis of COBOL and PL/I Applications
Which developer doesn't want that:
A clear presentation for large and complex applications so that one can understand the logic and implementation simply and directly? Accurate and up-to-date documentation of the functionality and interrelationships in order to be able to modernize the applications efficiently, develop them further or develop them from scratch?
AMELIO Logic Discovery solves precisely these problems
- Loss of knowledge due to lack of documentation
- Knowledge carriers retire
- Application size, complexity and strong networking make maintenance difficult
- Existing documentation is not suitable for understanding and modernization
- Knowledge is documented automatically
- Facilitate communication in the development department
- Creation of targeted analyzes in project preparation
- Understandable representation of application logic
Automated Application Analysis
- Knowledge transfer is guaranteed
- Complete automatic analysis of Cobol and PL/I applications
- Language-neutral representation of the application logic in different levels of detail
- Expandable and configurable for targeted analyzes
- Clear, well-structured visualization for large and complex applications so that they can be easily and directly understood
- Simplify knowledge transfer, onboarding and communication
- In-depth and targeted analyzes
- Reliable basis for modernization and re-engineering projects
- Made in Germany
AMELIO Logic Discovery is an innovative analysis tool that helps you to better understand your native and generated COBOL, PL/I and Delta ADS applications and to comprehensively secure the relevant functionality. Large applications have usually grown over many years and naturally become more and more complex. Maintaining these applications is becoming increasingly difficult for the successors of the original developers.
In the process of understanding an application, gathering information about how it was implemented is the first necessary step. However, statements about the actual functions cannot yet be made on this basis. This requires an in-depth analysis. AMELIO Logic Discovery therefore not only collects information about HOW the application was implemented, but also recognizes the logical relationships and also determines WHAT was implemented.
If you would like more information on this, please contact us directly here ...
"AMELIO facilitates refactoring enormously. AMELIO Dead code analysis are of great help: manageable, fast overview."
Friedrich Pohle, Deputy Head of Department, Valida Pension AG