- Legacy is productive software, existing investment, reliable basis of business processes.
- Legacy is outdated, no longer understandable, a brake block for new development.
Which of these statements do you agree with? And what does one have to do with the other?
With the articles in today's Delta Newsletter, we share with you some insights of how you can free your software legacy from negative characteristics and how you can unleash with little effort resources for important new development.
We wish you an inspiring read.
Your Delta Software Technology Team
1. Insurer Makes Important Core Application Fit for the Future
A large insurer has renovated a key component of his core application with the solutions from Delta Software Technology. Delta's AMELIO-Tools for automated analyses, code clean-up and re-documentation ensure a future-proof application infrastructure and an easy know-how transfer to the application heirs.
To solve the issue, Delta proposed a automated multi step approach, consisting of code clean-up, thorough analysis of the sources, refactoring, re-documentation and workshops for knowhow transfer.
Learn more ...
2. Bedag Relies on Delta ADS on Visual Studio
Same Development Environment for Different Programming Languages
A uniform process control and development environment for the different programming languages is the goal of many enterprises. The Bedag Informatik AG modernizes its development environment and combines the (Viacar) development in C# and Delta ADS in a .NET framework under Microsoft Visual Studio.
Read more here:
3. Computerwoche: IT Legacy – Dusty but Valuable
Legacy Modernisation Challenges IT Managers
Start-ups are lucky: They can build new systems without taking account of existing ones. But, some day a successful start-up will become a company with a grown IT structure. On invitation of the COMPUTERWOCHE, IDG’s weekly IT magazine in Germany, modernisation experts from seven companies discussed which problems can be solved and how.
Read the full online article of COMPUTERWOCHE ...
4. GI-Workshop: Software-Reengineering & Evolution
The 20th workshop “Software Reengineering & Evolution” of the GI section Software Reengineering (SRE) took place this year from 02 - 04 May 2018.
Delta Software Technology was represented there with two contributions:
- Live Demo: AMELIO Logic Discovery - "Do You Understand Your Software?"
- Presentation: Modernising Legacy Applications - "Everything New in Spring?"
Further information on the event and the presentation can be found here ...
5. New ADS Training Courses
Anyone using tools to automate software development needs in-depth knowledge of the methods, methods, and capabilities of the tools. And not just "in principle", but in relation to the concrete environment and task.
Our training courses and workshops help you to use Delta tools efficiently and to optimise the development of your applications: practice-oriented, taking into account your main focus.
ADS Basics - ADS for Administrators - ADS Refresher - ADS on Eclipse - ADS What's new
Here are the new training schedules:
Download Delta Newsletter
Language: Englisch - Version: NL21018.02
- Insurer Makes Important Core Application Fit for the Future
- Bedag Relies on Delta ADS on Visual Studio
- Computerwoche: IT Legacy – Dusty but Valuable
- GI-Workshop: Software-Reengineering & Evolution
- New ADS Training Courses